Blogadda

Sunday 25 March 2018

The 5 thinks I do to conserve drinking water



Clean drinking Water is one of the most important things we need apart from air and food yet it is often taken for granted. Running taps that are seldom turned off to leaking faucets all contribute to its wastage and at the top of it we humans with our actions or rather lack of them when we leave drinking water in a glass and hardly give a though to the fate of that water we need so dearly to sustain life. We need to be more aware and proactive in preserving it and there is the need to act individually as well as collectively.

1)I carry my own water this way I can consume only that much water that I need. It does not cost to carry your own water . Use any bottle to carry your water


2)I carry an empty bottle in case I have to consume water at a place where there is no option to ask for a limited amount of water only then I transfer the remaining contents into my bottle.
3)Serve people water only when they ask for it or let them pour themselves. I am keeping empty bottles with a funnel with labels which read “What do you want to do with the left over water”
-mop floor,
-feed the stray dogs,
-water the plants
A person can pour his left over water in any of these bottles. The is to spread awareness and educate people about the importance of saving water
4) Collect all the water that drips from the water tap and it can be used for first washing the vegetables and fruits then this water can be reused for washing dishes, putting in plants, washing clothes and cleaning the car.

5) I offer empty bottles to all those who have a quantity of water left over in their glasses and wish to take it away for later consumption.


This effort of mine will surely bring in a great change in the mindset of the people and they too would contribute towards saving water.

Dear readers there is an ongoing imitative called CuttingPani being propagated by Livpure. I support this initiative to save water. I have taken the pledge and you too can save water and join the good cause. Please take the pledge and spread the good word about saving water




Sign the petition and be part of the Initiative by Livpure
 https://www.change.org/p/cuttingpaani
 

No comments:

Post a Comment