Blogadda

Saturday 11 April 2015

Relocating to open the doors to the future


I was the pride of my family as being a girl I had dared to break the tradition that girls only studied home science. It was the prevalent view that all the girls of our family were destined only to be house wives after marriage and with this in view, we the girls were supposed to excel in home affairs only. I had proved myself to be different and so all my cousins looked at me with admiration. Where ever I went they flocked with me as they felt it to be a matter of pride to be seen with me. I had now become some one important. My maternal cousins who were not bound by any rule and those who had chosen science as their career would often come to me seeking help in solving the chemical equations this attention also gladdened my mother’s heart who held her head high before her cousins.
I dedicated all my attention to my studies as I wanted to excel in them. As my father had reposed such great faith in me I wanted him to feel proud of me. I wanted to show him that he was not wrong in his decision to support me. He had now become my best buddy and from time to time showed his interest in my studies and my progress
I had great responsibility on my shoulders. I had to fulfill my aspirations as well as come up to the hopes of my father and mother. I now studied with a renewed zeal and fervor.
Every thing went well and when the day of my board exams came I was well prepared and confident. My exams went well. It was now time for me to start preparing for my entrance exam. I joined a training institute who taught their students and gave them the tips and tricks needed to score high in the competitive exams. All my efforts bore fruits and I was selected for admission to one of the best medical college. Now it was a testing time for me. The medical college that I had been selected to was not in my city but located in another city quite far away. I had never been away from my parents and this was a heart wrenching moment for me. I did not want to go so far away where we knew no one. I did not find myself ready for such a big step. I was dithering in making this decision and taking this bold step to relocate. I felt that all my efforts had gone in vain. Then again my father came to my rescue. He told me that this was an opportunity which many did not get. Also it was the start of a journey to fulfill my dreams and #StartANewLife. All my doubts vanished and I started my preparations for relocation and I knew that I would not regret taking this bold step and relocating to another city for pursuing my studies.


https://housing.com/.    
#StartANewLife


 

No comments:

Post a Comment