Blogadda

Saturday 11 April 2015

I looked up and found hope


Life is never a constant; it is ever changing from day to day. Some days are full of moments of joy and happiness, but it is a transient state. Some days are tiring and troublesome which leave you depressed and unhappy. On such occasions if you get timely help and support then you edge out of such situations and get the impetus to move in the right direction. I was lucky to experience a moment of hope and optimism when I needed it most.
My family comprised of my parents and a brother and a sister who were both elder to me.
I was the youngest of the children and so I was the most pampered. There was a rule in our family that all the boys were to study commerce and all the girls were to take home science as a subject so that they could become proficient in cooking and household affairs. Every one was content with this decision and no one ever debated over this issue or said a word against it.
I was different and since all my wishes were always instantly fulfilled I revolted against the idea of taking up home science as a subject. I was not at all happy and felt it to be a most dull and boring subject to study. I did not want to waste my life doing something that I did not like and had no aptitude for. I had great interest in science and found it be a very exciting topic. There were never any dull moments with science and I was determined that I would be the path changer in the family by taking up science instead of home science. I talked to my sister about my wanting to take up science as a subject. She was aghast at the very thought that I could even think of such a thing. She told me that it was against the rule and if I dared to express my wish I would only incur the wrath of the elders. This did not deter me at all and I knew that I had to make a stand for myself. I thought of having a heart to heart talk with my mother. I took her into confidence but even she reacted sharply when I told her that I wanted to take up science as a subject. She told me that I should give up my foolish dream and expressed her inability to help me in this matter when she found me to be adamant.
I did not know what to do but at the same time I did not want to give up so easily although I was giving up hope. In the evening when my father came home I saw my mother talking to him in a serious tone. Then he looked at me and in a most stern voice asked me to see him in his room. Although I was shivering with fear I put on a bold front and went to his room. Angrily he asked me as to what he was hearing about my wanting to take up science. Fearfully I looked up at him and was surprised to see him smiling. He patted me on my back for my brave decision. He told me that he was proud of me for taking a stand on an issue which had always been a sore point for him. He had always wanted to take up the medical profession but the dictates of the house had prevented him from doing so. Now he was on my side and would support me all the way as he was confident that I would succeed in my mission.
His inspirational words filled me with a new hope and optimism and helped me in selecting the subjects of my choice. Without his timely help and intervention I would not have succeeded.
https://housing.com/lookup.

No comments:

Post a Comment